1. The Grand Prize winning team will be awarded the following prizes:
- Team set of custom uniforms with jerseys, pant shells, and socks from Laga Sports
- Team set of sticks from Shottec
- Team set of gloves from TRUE Hockey
- Team set of bags from Pacific Rink
- Custom set of goalie gear from Battram
- Goalie mask painting from Gilby Designs
- *Up to 16 of each prizes total (one for each member of the winning team)*
Second place receives: Team bags from Winnwell Hockey
Third place receieves: Team T-shirts from Draft Tournaments
2. How to enter:
In order to enter a team you must do so on our nominate page. Must provide your name and contact information. Then you must provide the team being nominated, their GM contact information, their league, division and location. You are also encouraged to upload a picture of their logo and a team photo*.
Then you must answer the two questions: Why is this “The Best Beer League Team in the World”? and Why do they deserve The Westy Award?
3. Eligibility: Open to all legal residents of Canada and the United States over 18 years of age. The nominated team must be a real team in an official adult hockey league. We will be confirming the team and league to make sure it is a real team.
4. Individuals may vote once per day. If your team is caught cheating at any point (not a real team, fake votes, etc.) you will be disqualified. This is up to the discretion of the Westy Award Committee, and the decision will be final and binding.
5. Nominations will be accepted from July 25th, 2017 until September 14th, 2017 at 11:59 pm EST. Any teams nominated after this date will not be eligible.
July 25th – Nominations Open
September 15th – Nominations Close
September 18th-21st – First Round of Voting
September 25th-28th – Second Round of Voting
October 2nd-5th – Third Round of Voting
October 9th-19th – Sweet 16
October 23rd-November 2nd -Elite 8
November 3rd – Final 5 Announced
November 16th – Winner Announced!
For rounds 1, 2, 3, Sweet 16, Elite 8 and Final 5, the winners will be determined by the teams that receive the most votes. Votes will be accepted until 11:59 pm EST on the day before the next round begins.
For the final round, once there are 5 teams left, the winner will be chosen by a panel from the Westy Award Committee based on the criteria of a combination of great teammates, awesome camaraderie, cool uniforms, the support of your hockey community, and most of all playing the game the right way with a passion for hockey! The winner will be announced on November 16th, 2017.
* By entering, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that submitting a photograph online brings the Entry within the public view and, as such, the entrant waives any claims against Sponsors and The Westy Award and indemnifies and holds the Released Parties harmless against any third party claims for damages or injury attributable to the Released Parties for any copying, re-posting or unlawful use of the submitted photograph that may result. All Entries shall become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned to entrants. Sponsors shall have the right to edit or modify Entries for use in perpetuity. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to reject any Entry that Sponsors deem to be not in keeping with the policies, goals and/or guiding principles of the Competition, or that Sponsors learn has been previously published, entered into another Competition or competition, or won any other prize or award. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to edit any Entry, to blur out any trademarks or to remove any copyrighted content.